Saturday, July 26, 2014

"TEA-reasures left"


Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble. (Proverbs 3:23, NIV)

Molly/ Corey crew pulled out at 5:50 am. Texans left at 6:15 am. I cried. 
Headin' to take New Yorkers to airport. I'll cry again. Such an emotional time. Good memories are left....

I just saw the significant word in the above "early in the day" entry---"left." It has a dual meaning. Family is such a treasure for me. This morning when they (family) "left" the beach house, I felt so-o-o sad and let down. I cried as they pulled away and I could only see their license plates. 

When "left" connotes departure, esp of family, I "suffer" greatly---being left behind starts that emotional roller coaster because I'm not sure how long it will be before I see them again. 

Having the New Yorkers with us helped tremendously.....until....after our Donut Hole* stop, we had to drop them off at the airport. Even Lucy's jovial chatter from the back seat made me feel worse, because I knew it was almost over and it would be months before I would see her again.
Morning prayers for safety had been lifted for each family, but once I saw the backside of the only three "left," that big ole "loneliness lump" seemed to lodge in my throat and accompany me all the way on the road trip home and into the night.

But...."left" can also mean that which remains. Good memories of fun times at "Big Water." **

A cuppa TEA-reasure at my fingertips when I choose to focus on the great week at the beach, with ALL the family.


*Newly opened Donut Hole at Inlet Beach is oh so convenient to folks heading to Panama City International airport.

** When I arrived home, I opened this Margie H. note (e-mailed 7/25, the day before we left) ----so grateful for prayers of faithful friends who "get it."
Praying for safety for all tomorrow on the dreaded return day.  Such a letdown after a week with the family but one that I know you are prepared for after years of practice.  One time on the drive home, sister started crying and we decided we had to do better so we focused on trying to remember the things that happened during the week that made us laugh the most.  It worked, as well as prayers of thanksgiving for having the week together.  
Safe, safe travels for all the travelers and I’m sure many, many thanks are in order for Shug and Pop Pop for making  it all happen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment