Saturday, September 20, 2014

migh-TEA cuppa re-brew

So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:11, NIV)
Why do you start each of this year's "Tea with Thee" blogs with a scripture?
A mighty backbone for a Christian's blog is God's Word. For His word does not return unto Him void. Though I will pass away, His words will never pass away. (Matthew 24:35) His words will be there for my grands & great grands. Thus, I start each blog entry with a scripture---as His word not only saves us, it instructs us. (Titus 2:11-12)

What's with the "tea" wordplay?
Part of who I am is a hot tea aficionado.....so that makes it fun for me. It's what all my grandkids know about me. But also it gives me something to hang my hat on and jog my memory. Any memory jogging is useful at this age. I know some of them are a real stretch but emails and comments form folks have let me know that they too have amused themselves by coming up with tea words and sharing them with me. A connectivi-TEA in more ways than one.

Will you continue the "tea" theme next year?
Possibly, but only on occasion.  Frankly, I'm  hoping for a respite from the compulsion to post daily entries.  I do have a few "dance" ideas still floating in my head and friend Beth recommended that approach. But God....usually has His own ideas. I rarely know which way an entry will go as my fingers start typing.

God's word is the only "constant" so I keep blogging, and each entrywill be based on His truth that never fades. As Peter wrote, "people are as transient as the withering grass". (1 Peter 1:24)
The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever. (Isaiah 40:8)
Another cuppa of His word, which is migh-TEA to save and is from everlasting to everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment