Monday, September 29, 2014

Timelessness of God's Word : Essential guide for all humani-TEA

Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. (Psalm 90:2, NIV)
Dusting the console cabinet in the den, I reset my Pap's Illinois railroad pocket watch for the umpteenth time. It's stemwound and though it's old, it still works----for awhile. Actually, it would probably continue to work if I would continue to rewind it. The watch's timekeeping is dependent on my efforts, because it does not plug-in to any source. It is such a picture to me of my own inability to be consistent in my spiritual timekeeping. If I'm not "plugged in" to the word of the One who is my source of power and hope, my hope for spiritual growth is stymied.

The Bible is by no means a book just of the past. It contains a timeless message of hope. Hope for the day and hope for the future. God, the author of the Bible, (2 Timothy 3:16) is timeless and wishes to share eternity with the people who love Him.

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Romans 6:23)
God's truth is always relevant. Even, many of God’s promises recorded in the Bible are relevant for all times.
God's Word is timeless (Psalm 119:89) and therefore the Bible is still humanity’s most essential guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment