Saturday, December 20, 2014

Safe-TEA, Securi-TEA, Sereni-TEA : a peaceful blend

May those who love you be secure. May there be peace within your walls and security within your citadels. For the sake of my family and friends, I will say, “Peace be within you. For the sake of the house of the Lord our God, I will seek your prosperity. (Psalm 122: 6-9, NIV)

When Seth Stevens taught in August on this "song of assent," he emphasized the Jews were walking up to Jerusalem to the house of the Lord. Each year when they made their trek together the goal was the same---to draw closer to the Lord.

Four months later, I'm reminded, especially through church services and Christmas carols, to be grateful for that gift which I have received. Immanuel. God with us. God with me. It's a spiritually internal (now) / eternal (one day in the future) experience. Peace.

"I don't have to let pain and hurt form my theology." (B. Liles, 12/7/14)

He is my peace. 
It's the gift I want to give to everyone this Christmas. Everyone needs it and His "God size" fits all---His peace forever! 
The Lord be with you. Peace be with you. And also with you. (Episcopal liturgy/Book of Common Prayer)
He is with me. His peace is available for me. His peace is available for all.

He provided the perfect gift----His Son.
Cuppa peace all wrapped up for the season---just serve yourself
For those who receive Him, we are served a deep abiding peace .......a cuppa PEACE blended with safe-TEA,  securit-TEA and sereni-TEA that warms us within our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment