Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Thrust of Trust

This summer has been a time of transition, concerns and difficult decisions for many of my dear ones, both friends and family: Farming friends rushing to get hay in before the rains; Special needs births, both here and in Mexico; A distressing cancer diagnosis for a young mom; Joblessness; A child's poor decision resulting in life altering consequences; Housing needs/renting/ selling/buying; Impending surgeries; School needs for children when money is lacking; Marital disappointment/discord, here and abroad; Ministry decisions; End of life approach for one's sibling. 
Today's Jesus Calling (7/15) once again speaks to me right where I am in my concern as I seek to pray for these difficulties. Sarah Young writes" "Throw off this oppressive burden with one quick thrust of trust,"
Do you, too, need a thrust of trust? If so, here's a trove of my favorite "trust" verses to help you in your thrusting.
  • Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9, NIV)
  • But I trust in your unfailing love; (Psalm 13:5a) 
  • Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. (Psalm 20:7)
  • But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God."(Psalm 31:14)
  • O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you. (Psalm 84:12)
  • Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
Keep on thrusting; It increases trusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment