Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Adversi-TEA, a 2nd cuppa


Adversity: AKA----Hard places. Tough times. Rough Going.

Places I choose not to be. Yet, yesterday the Lord reminded me that it's in such places of struggle that one learns important life lessons. Obviously such lessons arise over and over for me, as I had blogged last year in Adversi-TEA, learning that my suffering is not just about me but about benefitting others. Comfort keeping extends to others---comfort keepers reach out with the comfort they receive in order to comfort others. (2 Corinthians 1:6-7)

But....today with my morning cuppa, a beloved cracked cup, I saw clearly that adversi-TEA is NOT a cuppa to sip alone. One must sip it with Him. Alone a cuppa adversi-TEA can leave a bitter taste. His compassions fail not and they "sweeten" one's cuppa. 
He is our portion forever. Adversity can and will work very much for good. That is our hope. 
A hope that never fails. This I know from personal experience.
Crack in cup can be seen above the reflection. 
Glued together because it is the remaining one of two purchased in England in blue/white pattern which I love. 
Sometimes it feels as if I, beloved of the Father, am kept together by the glue of His love and mercy.

The Lord is my portion, says my soul, Therefore I have hope in Him. (Lamentations 3:24)

No comments:

Post a Comment