Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Gingerbread Man Mentality

Somedays I feel like the storybook character, "The Gingerbread Man."
"Run! Run.....as fast as you can." I'm running. I'm running.......but I can't seem to get away from all that is pursuing me.
I have the frayed/fractured thinking that if I "run" fast enough----my enemies of physical maladies and anxieties can't catch me.
Do you ever keep running to try and get away from all the difficult conditions of  life or bothersome thoughts that stymie truth. Do you think that maybe, you can escape reality by running away?.
Whoa.....am I (or you) trying to escape the reality of aging? Or, is all this "bother" just an "awareness without acceptance" of all that aging or a "muddled mind" can bring.

I am as as deceived as that old gingerbread man if I think the sly foxes of the world can help me. 
My body and mind may fail, but God is my strength and my portion forever. (Psalm 7:26, ISV)
I need to "run" in the path of the Lord...(Psalm 119:32)

God's truth is needed NOT mushy gingerbread mentality. (Philippians 2:5)

No comments:

Post a Comment